Summer Youth: Wood Wallets & More (Ages 12-16)
Make a wood wallet or card holder and other clever things, such as a cell phone amplifier.
- Mon, 7/10/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Tue, 7/11/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Wed, 7/12/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Thur, 7/13/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Turn pieces of wood into a wallet or card holder with a hinged cover, a cell phone amplifier, and one or two other clever things, depending on the pace of the class.
The wallet design is based on one the instructor received as a gift, which consistently draws comments when he pulls it out to get one of the business cards he stores inside. You will cut and smooth strips of wood in contrasting colors, glue them into the basic shape, and then use a variety of tools to give the wallet its final shape. Building the cell phone amplifier will introduce you to the acoustic properties of wood and some of the basics of wood joinery.
- For students ages 12-18.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Registration closes on Monday, July 3.
- You must wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry. We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- A $10 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers all needed wood and shop supplies.
- New registrants: When you register, select Others Only in the "Who Are You Registering?" section. On the next page, Add New Registrant. Create an account for your child. The email address on their account must be unique.
- The next time you register your child, you will be able to Search Registrants to select them.
- Complete and return this minor permission form.
- You may register your youth for an optional supervised lunch hour from 12-1 pm for the duration of this class.
- If you have any questions, please email BARN Youth Program Coordinator, Sarah Jones at SarahJ@BainbridgeBARN.org.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health & safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available- fill out the simple application before registering for a class.
- For those who might need assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program
Instructors or Guides