Youth, Media Arts
Summer Youth: Short Film Challenge (Ages 12-18)
Create a two-minute, live-action short film in any genre with your phone or tablet.
- Mon, 8/7/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Tue, 8/8/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Wed, 8/9/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Thur, 8/10/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Mon, 8/7/2023 - Thur, 8/10/2023
Challenge yourself to an action, drama, comedy, horror, or sci-fi (or any combination of these genres) short film with a beginning, middle, and end. Learn how to shoot and edit on your phone or tablet. No experience necessary, just bring your device and your imagination.
In this class you will:
- Break down what a genre or cross-genre is
- Pick the theme
- Write the script/storyboard
- Learn how to light for your genre
- Learn about genre-specific camera work (angles, methods, etc.)
- Edit your footage
- Any visual/special effects?
- Finish your film
- Showcase it to the class
- For students ages 12-18.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Registration closes Monday, July 31.
- A materials fee of $15 is included in the cost of the class and covers materials needed. See below for what students need to bring.
- New registrants: When you register, select Others Only in the "Who Are You Registering?" section. On the next page, Add New Registrant. Create an account for your child. The email address on their account must be unique.
- The next time you register your child, you will be able to Search Registrants to select them.
- Complete and return this minor permission form.
- You may register your youth for an optional supervised lunch hour from 12-1 pm for the duration of this class.
Students will make a short project of either their own theme or one chosen by the class.
- If you have any questions, please email BARN Youth Program Coordinator, Sarah Jones at SarahJ@BainbridgeBARN.org.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health & safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available- fill out the simple application before registering for a class.
- For those who might need assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program
Instructors or Guides