Youth, Metal Fabrication
Summer Youth: Weld a Metal Pet (Ages 12-16)
Use your imagination to combine scrap parts to make a “pet” - dog, cat, bunny, turtle, or whatever you dream up.
- Mon, 7/17/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Tue, 7/18/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wed, 7/19/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thur, 7/20/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Learn how to work with metal or build on your metal-working skills in this four-day class. You'll begin with a safety briefing in our welding and sheet metal shop, then learn how to use all the tools you need to prepare and build your creations - cutters, grinders, vices, and spot welders.
Then it will be time to practice your skills and make your own unique creations with old silverware and other scrap metal parts that have been collected.
This is a great chance to have fun and learn some new skills this summer!
- For students ages 12-16.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Registration closes on Monday, July 10.
- A $5 materials fee included in the cost of the class covers all shop supplies you will need.
- Participants must wear natural fiber clothing, long pants, and closed-toe shoes (natural fiber or leather). No stretch fabrics. Tie back long hair.
- New registrants: When you register, select Others Only in the "Who Are You Registering?" section. On the next page, Add New Registrant. Create an account for your child. The email address on their account must be unique.
- The next time you register your child, you will be able to Search Registrants to select them.
- Complete and return this minor permission form.
- You may register your youth for an optional supervised lunch hour from 12-1 pm for the duration of this class.
- If you have any questions, email BARN Youth Program Coordinator Sarah Jones at SarahJ@BainbridgeBARN.org.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health & safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available- fill out the simple application before registering for a class.
- For those who might need assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program
Instructors or Guides