Youth, Kitchen Arts
Summer Youth: The Art of Sourdough (Ages 12-18)
Learn the art of using natural leaven - home grown yeast - to bake artisan-quality sourdough bread in your kitchen.
- Mon, 8/7/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Tue, 8/8/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wed, 8/9/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thur, 8/10/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Learn how to successfully maintain a sourdough starter, bake sourdough discard recipes and finally make an artisan boule to enjoy with seasonal savory and/or sweet spreads.
- For students ages 12-18.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Registration closes Monday, July 31.
- A $50 materials fee included in the cost of the class covers all materials.
- Students must wear closed-toe shoes to class.
- New registrants: When you register, select Others Only in the "Who Are You Registering?" section. On the next page, Add New Registrant. Create an account for your child. The email address on their account must be unique.
- The next time you register your child, you will be able to Search Registrants to select them.
- Complete and return this minor permission form.
- You may register your youth for an optional supervised lunch hour from 12-1 pm for the duration of this class.
- Bring a container each day to take food home.
- A journal to take notes.
- If you have any questions, email BARN Youth Program Coordinator Sarah Jones at SarahJ@BainbridgeBARN.org.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health & safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available- fill out the simple application before registering for a class.
- For those who might need assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program
Instructors or Guides