Youth, Kitchen Arts
Summer Youth: Recipes of Europe (Ages 12-18)
Make classic recipes from well-known European cuisines like German, French, Italian, and Spanish.
- Mon, 7/10/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Tue, 7/11/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Wed, 7/12/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Thur, 7/13/2023 1:00:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Mon, 7/10/2023 - Thur, 7/13/2023
Food can be a gateway into understanding a culture from the inside and breaking down stereotypes. People eat many of the same ingredients - eggs for instance - but they prep them differently.
Instructor Nadja Peschke will give you just a taste of her travels - India, Nepal, Norway, Germany, France, Italy, Spain - and the recipes she has collected. Her German heritage has "always lended an open-minded sense of food preparation and tastes."
Day 1: Traditional German meal and Austrian crepes
Day 2: Spanish tortillas
Day 3: Summer in Italy - marinara with fresh pasta
Day 4: Soup and a crusty tartine the Parisienne way
- For students ages 12-18
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Registration closes Monday, July 3.
- A $50 materials fee included in the cost of the class covers all materials.
- Students must wear closed-toe shoes to class.
- New registrants: When you register, select Others Only in the "Who Are You Registering?" section. On the next page, Add New Registrant. Create an account for your child. The email address on their account must be unique.
- The next time you register your child, you will be able to Search Registrants to select them.
- Complete and return this minor permission form.
- You may register your youth for an optional supervised lunch hour from 12-1 pm for the duration of this class.
- If you have any questions, email BARN Youth Program Coordinator Sarah Jones at SarahJ@BainbridgeBARN.org.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health & safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available- fill out the simple application before registering for a class.
- For those who might need assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program
Instructors or Guides