Join BARN Kitchen Arts volunteers as we review some of our favorite cookbooks of 2023.
- Sun, 10/8/2023 11:00:00 AM - 1:00 PM
For October, join us for "Florentine: The True Cuisine of Florence" by Emiko Davies.
We will team up, work through a few recipes, and spend time tasting something new. Buy your book, share your thoughts, or just come ready to cook. Join us on the second Sundays of the months for sharing and cooking with BARN's Kitchen Arts community.
Davies' book is about how real Tuscans and especially Florentines eat and think about their food on a daily basis. Each recipe tells a story of the connection to their culture, often with some colorful historical tidbit. For exammple, Catherine de’ Medici, the great-granddaughter of Lorenzo the Magnificent (who was most likely vegetarian by the way) married Henry II of France and introduced the French to olive oil, spinach, white beans, artichokes, figs, and the fork.
We’ll be making and seriously tasting:
- Ribollita (Tuscan vegetable and bean soup)
- Ravioloni di Pera e Ricotta (pear and ricotta ravioloni)
- Arista di Maiale (Florentine roast pork)
- Schiacciata all’Uva (wine grape focaccia)
- A $20 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers everything needed.
- Wear closed-toe shoes to class.
- Registration closes Oct. 6.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides