Welding, Sheet Metal & Machine Shop: Fix-It Saturday (Free)
- Sat, 12/9/2023 10:00:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Fix-It Saturday takes advantage of the equipment and skills of the Metal Fabrication group at BARN to meet the challenge of repairing items brought in. Requested repairs should be focused on metal or related electrical projects. Your hands-on participation in the "fix-it" process is encouraged.
See what we can do, what suggestions we can make, or what other avenues you might pursue if a fix is not at hand.
(No wheeled vehicles, please).
Registration is suggested. Fix-It Saturday is free and open to members and non-members.
Please Note: Fix-It Saturday runs concurrently with an open studio available to qualified users. Open studio users must register and pay the materials fee for the open studio that is also held on this day.
- BARN will provide Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for participants.
- Participants who plan to weld must wear natural-fiber clothing, long pants, long sleeves, closed-toed shoes (natural fiber or leather), no stretch fabrics, and long hair tied back.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.