Make Your Own Bolt (Intro to the Lathe)
This is the class you want to take for your first time at a metal-cutting lathe, or if you just want additional experience.
- 08/24/2023 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Gain experience making a bolt on our Hardinge lathe, beginning with a hexagonal aluminum rod. Learn the basic functions of the lathe, including facing, turning, threading, parting, and chamfering.
You not only get a chance to gain confidence using our shop tools, but make a lovely bolt that spins freely into the nut you’ll create in our Make Your Own Nut (Intro to the Mill) class.
- Students must wear closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry, and roll up sleeves. Wear hearing protection when warranted and safety glasses (bring your own or use BARN's).
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides