Knitting: Pockets for All! *Cancelled*
Learn how to add pockets to any sweater pattern.$MC:ASSN_EVENTFUNCTIONS_BYDATE_PLC$
If you believe every garment needs at least one pocket to truly be functional, this is the class for you. We will discuss ways to add pockets to just about any knit project, including patch pockets, set-in/bagged pockets, and seamed pockets.
We will look at some issues with knit pockets - such as saggy material - and how they can be combated. Some patterns are more challenging than others to modify for pockets, and we will also discuss if there are instances where pockets are not a good idea. If possible, students should bring patterns that they would like to add pockets to in order to provide specific examples that are helpful to their knitting goals.
- Skill Level: Confident beginner. You should be comfortable knitting sweaters, preferably having completed at least one sweater knitting project.
- A $5 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers all materials needed.
- Bring a pattern or project that you would like to add pockets to (even a completed sweater can be modified).
- The instructor will provide handouts.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.