Using the Domino Joiner
Learn to use the Woodworkinig Studio's Domino joiners, which speed up the work of securely connecting pieces of wood.
- 07/26/2023 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Mortise-and-tenon joints are some of the strongest ways to link pieces of wood, but creating them by hand or even with traditional power tools is tricky. That's why woodworkers increasingly turn to the Festool Domino joiner, a hand-held cutter that creates recesses perfectly sized for pre-made, loose tenons. These joints are quick and easy to cut. And when they are glued, they are plenty strong.
This class will walk you through the basics of these machines. You'll learn:
- How to set up and use the machine.
- Ho choose the right size of Domino biscuits for your project
- How to change the bit, adjust the depth of cut, and select the right amount of wobble to ensure that your glue-up goes smoothly.
You must wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry. We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
This is not a "project" class. You will make practice cuts on scrap wood
This class is open to students who have taken Orientation to the Woodshop, Woodshop Tool Safety Checkout 1 and Woodshop Tool Safety Checkout 2. Multiple sessions are listed on the Woodworking Calendar.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides