Woodworking Basics: Hand Tools
Learn how to use hand tools skillfully in this four-session component of BARN's Beginning Woodworking series.
- 09/05/2023 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- 09/07/2023 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- 09/12/2023 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- 09/14/2023 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
9/5/2023 - 9/14/2023
Build a two-compartment tote, handy for storing or carrying silverware, garden tools, or other items. The project was specifically designed to give you experience with the most common hand tools.
You will learn to use:
- Measuring and marking tools
- Crosscut and rip cut hand saws
- Hand planes
- Hand drill (bit and brace)
- Coping saw
You do not need to be a certificate student to take this class.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides