Jewelry & Fine Metals
Introduction to Lapidary: Cutting and Carving Stones
Learn how to cut and polish cabochons (gemstones) in this introduction to the art of stone cutting.
- 09/19/2023 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- 09/20/2023 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- 09/21/2023 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Learn how to cut and polish cabochons (gemstones) in this introduction to the art of stone cutting. You'll use various cutting and polishing equipment to cut and carve stones.
You're welcome to bring any stones of your own that you have questions about or want to try cutting.
Completion of this introductory class gains you access to open studio time to use the lapidary equipment independently. This class is also the prerequisite for intermediate lapidary classes.
- Level: Beginner and beyond. No jewelry experience needed.
- A $30 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers all base material, which will be provided.
- We will take one 15-30 minute break if you want to bring food or snacks. BARN has a refrigerator and microwave on the lower level.
- Registration closes Sept. 17.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides