Weaving on a rigid heddle loom is fun and easy. The looms are small and portable and your weaving can be as simple or as complex as you like. This class is for those new to weaving or established weavers looking for a way to make quick projects.
You will learn how to direct warp the loom, how to do simple balanced weaving, how to identify and fix simple mistakes, and how to remove the finished project from the loom.
Rigid heddle looms are perfect for weaving with hand-knitting yarns. You will choose from a variety of yarns provided by BARN to make a scarf you'll finish by the end of class and take home.
- Skill Level: Beginners to advanced weavers
- A $25 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers all materials needed.
- Bring a bag lunch. BARN has a refrigerator and microwave on the lower level.
A scarf to take home.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides