Weave-Along: Make Placemats on the Rigid Heddle Loom
Join fellow weavers and weave a pair of warp-faced placements on your rigid heddle loom
- Wed, 10/18/2023 10:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
In this weave-along for rigid heddle loom weavers, you will learn how to make placemats using thin, cotton yarn held double for the warp and bulky cotton yarn for the weft. You can also make substitutes for the bulky weft yarn by using clothes-line rope or cut-up T-shirts. The end result is a mostly warp-faced, thick, machine-washable placemat.
- Skill Level: Advanced beginners (you must know how to warp a rigid heddle loom)
- After getting your loom warped, you are welcome to stay for Weaving Wednesday and work on your placemats.
During this session participants will warp their looms and begin weaving. Depending on how long you stay, you will then finish at least one placemat and then can complete the set on your own.
Introduction to Rigid Heddle Loom Weaving or equivalent. Participants should be able to warp their looms with minimal assistance.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.