Learn to weave some pretty small rugs, for your mugs! These are quick and easy to weave and make great last-minute gifts. In this weave-along we will learn how to adjust the warp to enable weft-faced weaving which results in nice, dense fabrics. We will explore some simple tapestry designs to add interest and play with colors, and we will learn how to make multiple rugs from one warp.
Weave-along: As a weave-along, this is an opportunity for weavers to explore a technique and share their results.
This is not a formal class, rather a demonstration of a techniques and an opportunity to try it out.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginners (must be able to warp their loom and make simple weave fabric)
- A rigid-heddle loom of any size with either 5 or 7.5 thread per inch heddles. Sign up for a BARN loom in the studio.
- Bring a sturdy cotton or wool multi-ply yarn for warp and a variety of cotton or wool yarns of any ply for weaving.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.