Weave a Cowl on the Rigid Heddle Loom
Weave a fun scarf and learn a cool rigid heddle skill.
- Wed, 12/6/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wed, 12/13/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wed, 12/6/2023 - Wed, 12/13/2023
Learn the magic of making a cross-weave cowl scarf. The two ends of the scarf are woven together to make a full cowl. In the first session, we will learn the warping secret. During the next session, you will weave your length and the magic of weaving the ends together will be revealed! The link to the pattern below shows many examples of the hero cowl.
Here are the materials you will need to complete your cowl:
- Preview the instruction: Hero Cowl Directions used by permission of Weft Blown in Scotland
- Use a BARN Rigid Heddle loom or bring your own.
- Reed: 7.5 or 8dpi Rigid Heddle Reed (for DK size yarn)
- Yarn: 2x200 yds DK weight yarn in contrasting colors (that being said, you can play around with yarn and reed siz
- Ages 14 and up are welcome
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides