Learn to Weave on a Four-Harness Loom
Spend a week unraveling the joy of the four-harness floor loom.
- Mon, 10/9/2023 10:00:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Tue, 10/10/2023 10:00:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Wed, 10/11/2023 10:00:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Thur, 10/12/2023 10:00:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Fri, 10/13/2023 10:00:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Mon, 10/9/2023 - Fri, 10/13/2023
Weaving combines color, fiber, and patterns in endless unique options to create cloth.
This five-session class is hands-on using floor looms and other equipment. The class will emphasize learning how to weave, how to set up a floor loom, how to plan projects, and how to read a weaving draft. We will also talk about weave structure and patterns. During the class you will weave samples with the focus on learning how to weave and plan.
Students will use BARN floor looms and equipment.
- Although the official class ends at 2, students are welcome to keep weaving throughout the afternoon (and evening if you are really motivated!).
- We have loom options for wheelchair access, let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- Ages 14 and older welcome
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides