Jewelry & Fine Metals
Jewelry Soldering: Skills Class
Learn how to solder earring posts, chain links, bails, joints, and mixed metal to hone your torch skills.
- 09/16/2023 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Designed for students who have taken Introduction to the Jeweler's Torch and Introduction to Jewelry: Skills classes. The skills learned in this class, with practice, will help you feel more confident and ready for project classes.
Each student gets to take home their soldering sample exercises and handouts for future practice and revision.
You will learn through instructor demonstration and guided, hands-on practice exercises. And you'll get the opportunity to work with the jewelry industry standard Smith® Little Torch and a propane/oxygen torch.
- Experience level: Beginner to intermediate
- A $30 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers all materials needed. Students can bring a couple things (listed below), too.
- We will take one 15-30 minute break if you want to bring food/snacks. BARN has a refrigerator and microwave on the lower level.
- Please bring a cotton apron and a hand towel.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Because Sarah is a visual and tactile learner herself, her classes typically involve a lot of hands-on learning and printed information.
Sarah’s art has been displayed in the Seattle Metals Guild and Bainbridge Arts & Craft exhibitions. Her work is sold at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art. To view her recent work, visit www.foggyroaddesigns.com.