Wine Tour of the Ancient World
Tour the winemaking traditions and history of the ancient Mediterranean.
- 08/16/2023 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
After touring the big three European wine producers in our classes (France, Italy, and Spain), we're ready to explore some of the birthplaces of wine, where winemaking traditions date back 10,000 years, pre-dating the invention of writing! Learn the history of wine in the ancient Mediterranean, as well as modern wine culture, and taste wines from countries such as Greece, Macedonia, Turkey, Lebanon, Slovenia, and the republic of Georgia. Get ready for an exciting journey back in time to visit some of the roots of human culture!
Learn about the ancient history of wine in the Mediterranean region and the role wine plays there in modern culture.
- Ages 21 and up
- Consider eating dinner or a snack prior to class
- A $25 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers everything for this class.
- Registration closes Aug. 14.
- Wear closed-toed shoes to class.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides