Machine Shop Orientation
Learn about basic metal cutting, and the tools used for drilling, turning, milling, sawing, and grinding.
- 08/28/2023 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
See basic demonstrations of the drill press, lathe, milling machine, cut off saw, bandsaw, and surface grinder. Throughout, safety issues will be emphasized for these powerful and potentially dangerous machines used in the Machine Shop.
- Registration is required. No drop-ins please.
- Registration is limited to four students. If the class fills, please join the wait list (there is no cost to do so).
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.