Knitting: Beginnings and Ends
Learn the best ways to start and end a knitting project, depending on its purpose.
- Mon, 10/16/2023 10:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
There are so many different ways to begin and end a knitted piece, but which method is right for which project? You will learn about different methods of casting on and casting off, and which is best in which circumstance based on the type of project that you are making and the yarn you're using. We also will talk about finishing knitted pieces, including weaving in ends and blocking.
- Skill Level: All levels, you should be comfortable knitting and purling.
Students will come away from this class with a sample of different cast ons and cast offs, and an understanding of when each is appropriate.
- Teacher will provide handouts and yarn to make samples.
- Students should bring a 24" or longer size 8 circular needle, a tapestry needle, and a 5mm crochet hook.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides