Basketry: Willow Bark Bowl
Explore seasoned barks from growing to harvesting, and from weaving to finishing.
- Sat, 10/21/2023 9:30:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Sun, 10/22/2023 9:30:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Sat, 10/21/2023 - Sun, 10/22/2023
Learn to prepare seasoned barks for a plaited platter with shallow or deep sides. Meditative rows of twining define the sides and swirls of your basket. Learn the innovative chase weave developed by your instructor while she designed this basket. The edge treatment, bordered with roots or barks, will be thoughtfully chosen for each piece. These remarkable containers are woven to become both a serving piece on the table, or displayed artfully on the wall. The basket incorporates a variety of willow barks, and roots and threads for the border.
Skill Level: Intermediate. Some experience with basketmaking is recommended.
A $135 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers the barks, roots, and thread that are hand-selected by your instructor.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides