Crochet Techniques - Amigurumi
- 08/07/2023 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- 08/14/2023 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
8/7/2023 - 8/14/2023
This class is for those who have a basic knowledge of crochet but have not done crochet amigurumi before.
- You will start by learning how to increase and decrease with single crochet to shape the fabric. You will also learn how to change colors and review how to start and fasten off (finish).
- You will then start the project, working during the first session to create the body of the bird. In the second session you will stuff and close the body, then make the nose, tail, wings, and feet for you to attach to the body.
You will crochet a 4-inch goldfinch.
The $10 material fee included in the price of the class includes worsted-weight cotton yarn, polyester stuffing, craft wire, and safety eyes.
In addition, you should bring:
- A copy of the Little Goldfinch Bird Amigurumi pattern (available on Ravelry for $6 at https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/little-goldfinch-bird-amigurumi)
- 3.75 mm crochet hook (US size F/5)
- Tapestry needle for attaching wings and tail
- Needle-nose pliers for making the feet
You should be able to do basic crochet stitches (Crochet 101 or equivalent).
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides