Patternmaking for Casting in the Foundry
Create a pattern you can cast into metal and begin your casting journey!
- Wed, 8/2/2023 6:00:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Wed, 8/9/2023 6:30:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Wed, 8/2/2023 - Wed, 8/9/2023
Learn one of many ways to create a pattern of the casting you envision. Once completed, you can use the pattern in our Metal Casting in the Foundry class to create a mold for molten bronze or aluminum to produce your casting.
Making a pattern is the first of three basic steps of the foundry arts, followed by forming the mold and pouring metal to create the casting, and then by finishing the casting. This class completes the first step as you learn how to make patterns used to produce working molds.
The second step involves taking Metal Casting in the Foundry, which can be repeated as desired and qualifies you for guided studio time in the foundry, and where you learn to make molds from patterns and pour molten metal into the mold for the casting.
Finishing a Metal Casting class is also recommended and can be repeated as desired. Guided studio in the foundry is where advanced casting skills are built.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides