CANCELED Wood Open Studio
Open studio is canceled today to allow preparations for the Night at BARN fundraiser.
- Fri, 10/13/2023 9:00:00 AM - 3:00 PM
This is a time to use the equipment in a collaborative atmosphere where others share tips and offer a hand when needed. A trained monitor is always on duty!
- Free for members, $20 drop-in fee for non-members.
- Basic tools and shop supplies, such as sandpaper, are provided by BARN.
- Bring your own wood, hardware, etc.
- There is no formal instruction during open studio.
- Protective eye wear that complies with ANSI Standard Z87 or the equivalent European Union Standard EN 166 is required at all times in the Woodshop Studio.
- Avoid loose clothing and wear closed-toe shoes.
- Noisy equipment may warrant wearing hearing protection.
- You must have taken Orientation to the Woodshop class (free for members).
- To use specific power tools, you must have taken the appropriate tool safety checkout classes:
- Woodshop Tool Safety Checkout 1 qualifies you for jointers, planers, table saws, chop saw, and drill presses.
- Woodshop Tool Safety Checkout 2 covers the bandsaws, routers, and router tables, scroll saws and three stationary sanding machines: edge, drum and spindle.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.