Indian Food: Homemade Ghee and Lentils (Dal)
Come join us for an authentic class focusing on some fundamental concepts of Indian cooking.
- 08/22/2023 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Ghee: Homemade ghee (a type of clarified butter) is unparalleled in flavor! By making it at home, you control the quality of the ingredients and save money on inflated markups at specialty stores. And, it makes a great homemade gift for friends. Prepare ghee yourself and learn the ways it can be used for culinary, health, beauty, and even household applications.
Dal (Lentils): Learn how to make creamy, delicious, and tasty dal (a vegetarian side dish) at home using the ghee we just made! Learn how to make a versatile “base” that can be used to flavor multiple varieties of lentils while expanding your knowledge and usage of lentils.
No experience is needed. Beginners welcome!
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- A $20 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers everything you'll need in class.
- Wear closed-toes shoes to class.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides