Woodworking Basics: Power Tools
Build a sturdy step stool as you gain experience with some of the key stationary and portable tools in the woodshop.
- Tue, 10/31/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thur, 11/2/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Tue, 11/7/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Tue, 10/31/2023 - Tue, 11/7/2023
As you build a two-step step stool made of solid wood and plywood, you will learn to safely use these tools:
- Table saw
- Miter saw
- Drill press
- Oscillating spindle sander
- Biscuit joiner
- Hand drill
- Impact driver
- Random orbit sander
You do not need to be a certificate student to take this class.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- You must wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry. We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides