Build a simple cabinet that includes the basic features found in base and upper cabinets. This intermediate-level class starts with an overview of cabinet styles with an emphasis on Euro-style and a discussion about cabinet materials and useful tools. Then learn how to:
- sketch a plan.
- make a cut list.
- estimate materials.
- accurately and safely cut down a sheet of plywood.
- assemble the pieces into a sturdy, square cabinet box.
- add a door and adjust the hinges so the door hangs properly.
The class covers the basics of how to install cabinets, but that is not demonstrated.
At the end of this class, you'll be prepared to build simple cabinets with the dimensions you want during open studio sessions. If you have a complicated cabinet, extra help is available in the Guided Woodworking Open Studio sessions.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- You must wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry. We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides