Create a Custom Cutting Board
- Tue, 10/10/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Thur, 10/12/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Tue, 10/17/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Tue, 10/10/2023 - Tue, 10/17/2023
If you're relatively new to woodworking with power tools, making a cutting board from strips of contrasting wood is a perfect way to build your confidence with tools such as the jointer, planer, miter saw, and table saw. You'll get plenty of experience simply because so many parts are involved.
And if you're a more experienced woodworker, this class will cover tips for steps such as gluing and finishing that you can apply to many later projects.
The class will begin with a brief overview of the types of wood typically used for cutting boards and the styles of cutting boards that can be made. With guidance, you will then mill lumber in various stages of roughness to the smooth, straight and square-edge pieces you need. The instructor will guide you through proper techniques for gluing and clamping, trimming to final size, sanding, and applying finish.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
Wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry. We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides