Spinning: Introduction to Drop Spindle
Learn the basics of spinning, wool preparation and drop spindles in this introductory class that is great for beginners or those looking to brush up on their skills.
- 09/11/2023 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- 09/18/2023 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
9/11/2023 - 9/18/2023
Learn the basics of spinning, starting with wool preparation. You will be introduced to drop spindles in their various forms. Discover the best size and shape for the yarn you would like to create. It the first session you will learn how to prepare wool for spinning and the differences in drop spindles. In the second class you will learn drop spindle techniques. BARN will be supplying the fiber and spindles for this class.
Skill Level: Beginning
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Emily K Grice