Fusion 360 Organic Shapes
See how amazing Fusion 360 is at creating organic shapes in addition to prismatic rectilinear shapes.
- 09/18/2023 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- 09/20/2023 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
9/18/2023 - 9/20/2023
Learn how to use the Fusion 360’s Surface environment as a tool for your solid shape designs. Then, move on to the power of T-splines in its Form environment for next-level control over smooth, round shapes.
The real power is in the fact that these environments are not entirely isolated. The shapes you build in the Form environment are solids and surfaces that integrate with prismatic shapes. Think of the Form environment as a set of tools to boost your creative control over shapes. Use it to build things like a spoon, a boat hull, or an ergonomic mouse.
After a quick review of the Fusion 360 Basics series, you’ll learn:
- Sketching for surface and forms modeling
- How the Surface environment is a modeling tool
- How to build thin wall parts (like RC airplanes) using Surface
- How the Form, Surface, and Solid environments work together to achieve your whole design
- A ton of Form tools for creative shape making
This course includes links to instructor notes and a collection of exercises to build your skills. The format primarily will be a lecture with a bit of time near the end of each session for hands-on practice and questions.
Look for more Fusion 360 specialty courses in the future!
Bring a laptop with Fusion 360 already loaded. This is critical as no computers are provided, and the program does not work well with a trackpad. There will not be time during class to download the program.
You can download a free trial directly from Fusion. Click "Get started" under the column "Fusion 360 for Personal Use." It will walk you through the process including creating an account and send you a confirmation email.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides