Working with Commercial Veneers
- 09/18/2023 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
In this short introductory class, you will learn the basic steps of working with commercial veneers, which are available in an astonishing array of wood types. You can use the veneers in everything from furniture to craft projects.
These veneers are very thin — sometimes just 2/83" thick. Working with them is very different from working with standard lumber. For example, you will use a knife, rather than a saw, to cut pieces to size.
You will get hands-on practice in cutting and joining these veneers and will go home with an assembled sheet that you can later incorporate in a project such as a tray, tabletop or wall hanging.
The instructor will also give a brief overview about other aspects of working with commercial veneers, including where to order them and how to attach them to backing material in a project.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- You must wear closed-toe shoes.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides