Print & Book Arts
Make a Hand-Sewn Hardcover Book
Learn the fundamentals of handmade book design and construction while making your own hardcover book with a sewn binding.
- 09/19/2023 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- 09/21/2023 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Make a 64-page hardcover book from scratch with decorative paper covers, hand-torn pages, and a hand-stitched binding. You'll learn the fundamentals of book design, construction, and binding, while producing your own archival-quality blank book, suitable as a writing journal or sketchbook, etc. After this class, you'll possess the skills, experience, and confidence to replicate the book or branch out into your own designs.
Registration closes Sept. 14 .
A $25 materials fee, included in the price of the class, covers all supplies needed to create one book.
Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides