Woodworking Basics: Understanding Wood *Cancelled*$MC:ASSN_EVENTFUNCTIONS_BYDATE_PLC$
When you're planning a project, do you choose wood by color? By how hard it is? By its grain pattern? The right answer usually involves several factors, but it really depends on what you want to build.
This class, part of the Woodworking Basics series, starts with a discussion about how wood grows and how that influences the look and performance of lumber. Learn about moisture content and wood movement, and how that should influence the wood you choose for various projects. You also learn why the best option, in some cases, isn't natural lumber but a panel product such as plywood or even particleboard.
You do not need to be a certificate student to take this class.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- You must wear closed-toe shoes.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.