Basketry: Women's Work Basket
Learn to weave this traditional Haida basket using red and yellow cedar bark.
- Fri, 12/1/2023 9:30:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sat, 12/2/2023 9:30:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Fri, 12/1/2023 - Sat, 12/2/2023
Using carefully prepared strips of red and yellow cedar bark, you will learn how to weave two- and three-stranding twining and the in-between stitch to create this traditional Haida basket used for gathering berries.
- When you register, choose between a small/medium basket ($75) or a large basket ($100). The smaller size is recommended for beginners.
- Students should bring lunch each day. A microwave and refrigerator are available for your use on the lower level.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides