Special Event, Writers
Nature and Creativity Retreat
Draw from guided experiences at Bloedel Reserve to gain inspiration for creative pursuit.
- 09/12/2023 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Convening on the 150 acres of garden forest at Bloedel Reserve, you'll be nourished through guided time on the land, poetry, a few short meditations, writing prompts, and free-writes.
About half of the time will be dedicated to roaming the Reserve’s landscape for inspiration, calm, and nourishment. If you're repeating this retreat, you'll also have time to work quietly on your individual creative projects (manuscripts, poetry, collages, paintings, etc.) that you bring with you. The retreat facilitator also will be available for one-on-one support for anyone desiring professional feedback on creative works in progress.
Using TEALarbor stories’ signature practices and processes (TEALarbor, founded by the facilitator, is rooted in Spiritual Ecology, overcoming creative blocks, and inner/outer landscape exploration), you'll have an opportunity to engage your work and play through new perspectives.
- You will need to purchase your ticket to Bloedel Reserve in advance of the class. Visit their website page Open Hours & Admission Prices at Bloedel Reserve.
- Bring a snacks/lunch, creative project/supplies, a few pens, a journal (preferably unlined), weather-appropriate clothing and gear, and a water bottle, as well as an open heart and mind.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides