Woodworking Basics: Measurement & Math
Explore various measuring tools, from rulers and measuring tapes to French curves and digital calipers.
- Wed, 10/25/2023 6:00:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Virtually all woodworking projects involve measurement and math, for everything from calculating needed materials to ensuring that parts are cut to dimensions that fit together properly.
Part of BARN's Woodworking Basics series, this class offers tips about how to lay out angles and curves, how to measure, and how to mark dimensions to ensure accuracy. You also learn basic math principles that are helpful in woodworking — and ways to cope if math isn't your strong suit
You do not need to be a certificate student to take this class.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- You must wear safety glasses and closed-toe shoes, tie back long hair, and avoid loose-fitting clothing and jewelry. We recommend bringing your own safety glasses.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides