Learn the fundamentals of mosaic art, including design and basic techniques for cutting and shaping materials while creating something beautiful for your wall.
You will make a mosaic-framed mirror with a total diameter of 12". The mirror's diameter is 5" allowing plenty of room for your creative inspirations!
- A materials fee of $14, included in the price of the class, covers all materials needed for the class.
- You are welcome to bring a small piece of jewelry or beads with sentimental value to incorporate into your design, if you choose.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and long pants in the Glass Studio at all times.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Barbara is a mosaicist with a passion for helping others express themselves through the art of mosaics. She discovered art a little later in life than lots of other people, having been distracted by corporate life, ladder climbing, and the nonsense idea that she wasn’t creative. Now her favorite thing is to watch a student realize their unique ability to produce something personal and meaningful, and to develop their own artistic vision. Her favorite saying is that “perfection can be purchased at the Dollar Store. Art and beauty are found in the unique and flawed.” She serves on a variety of boards and committees and lives in Gig Harbor with her husband and far too many dogs and chickens.