Sewing: Garment Basics Matcha Top *Cancelled*
Make an easy swing top with gathered details!$MC:ASSN_EVENTFUNCTIONS_BYDATE_PLC$
Fri, 10/20/2023 - Fri, 10/27/2023
Join us to make the Matcha Top from Sew Liberated, an easy A-line top with your choice of neckline variations and either 3/4 or sleeveless versions. This is a pattern that can be modified to be breastfeeding friendly, so if you are or know a new mom this might be a nice chance to build your skills and make a useful addition to someone's wardrobe!
This pattern is made from lightweight woven fabrics, making it easy for beginners to sew while also building some useful skills:
- Choosing an appropriate pattern size
- Cutting out pattern pieces
- Using interfacing
- Finishing seams and hemming
- Gathering fabric evenly
- Installing a basic collar
Students should bring all of the materials necessary for this project:
- Pattern for the Matcha Top from Sew Liberated (if you buy a pdf pattern and print it at home, please tape the pattern together before coming to class)
- Sufficient lightweight woven fabric for your size of the pattern. If you are completely new to sewing, ask at a fabric store for help choosing your fabric and figuring out how much you need.
- Matching thread
- Lightweight fusible interfacing
- Hook and eye (optional)
All materials can be purchased at Esther's Fabrics on Bainbridge Island with a 10% discount for students of this class.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.