This orientation to the Fiber Studio's Baby Lock Presto 2 machines also serves as a prerequisite for Fiber Studio workshops, sew-alongs, and other events where you'd like to use these machines and for working on your own projects any time you’re in the studio. It is also a prerequisite for orientations to other sewing machines in the studio.
Presto 2 machines are easy to use and have many functions. This class guides you through basic machine use including:
- Opening and setting up the cabinet
- Winding the bobbin and threading
- Using the control panel to select stitches and set other functions
- Selecting and replacing presser feet to match your stitch selection
- Changing the needle
- Finding more information about the machine in the reference guide and on the Internet
We’ll end the class with a checklist for putting your machine away so it’s ready for the next person.
- Note: This class is about the Baby Lock Presto 2 sewing machines, not the industrial sewing machine or embroidery machine.
- We will not focus on learning to sew, although learning to use the machines is a great start!
- Skill level: All levels
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Marcia’s biggest experience with fabrics was designing a fabric line and developing production techniques to produce cosmetic bags, tableware, and other products. In her current profession as a custom picture framer, Marcia’s love of fiber continues, and she always jumps at the chance to use fiber or frameworks of fiber.