Youth, Metal Fabrication
Youth Maker Mondays: Weld a Metal Pet (Ages 12-18)
Learn how to work with metal or build on your metal-working skills!
- 10/02/2023 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- 10/09/2023 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- 10/16/2023 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
10/2/2023 - 10/16/2023
Use your imagination to combine scrap parts to make pieces of art to take home, like a steel minion, an animal, or whatever you dream up.
In this three-week class, you'll begin with a safety briefing in our welding and sheet metal shop, then learn how to use all the tools you need to prepare and build your creations: cutters, grinders, vices, and spot welders.
If you've taken welding classes at BARN in the past, this is a chance to get more hands-on time with the equipment and refine your skills.
Get ready to make some sparks fly!
We are grateful to the City of Bainbridge Island for a cultural funding grant that enables us to reduce the costs of Maker Monday classes for families.
- Parent/guardian registering a child for the first time: When you register, select "Others Only" in the "Who Are You Registering?" section. On the next page, select "Add New Registrant." Create an account for your child.
- The next time you register your child, use "Search Registrants" to select them.
- If you did not enter your youth's emergency contact and Youth Waiver data when you created their account, complete and submit this minor permission form.
- Participants must wear natural-fiber clothing, long pants, and closed-toe shoes (natural fiber or leather). No stretch fabrics. Tie back long hair.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides