Introduction to Sheet Metal Fabrication
Take the first steps toward mastering the art of sheet metal work and create a display stand in the process.
- Sat, 10/21/2023 1:00:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Learn personal, tool, and shop safety; then learn how to use most of the basic tools for your future sheet metal projects - pattern layout, cutting, bending, shaping, and even the spot welder.
Practice your skills by making a display stand.
This introductory class serves as a prerequisite for all subsequent classes, including Fusion 360 Organic Shapes.
Class is limited to four students for safety, and to allow the instructor to better assist students.
A metal display stand to take home.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- Wear natural-fiber clothing, long pants, and closed-toe shoes (natural fiber or leather). No stretch fabrics. Tie back long hair.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides