Youth, Metal Fabrication
Youth Maker Mondays: Weld a Metal Pet (Ages 12-18)
Learn how to work with metal or build on your metal-working skills!
- Mon, 11/6/2023 2:30:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Mon, 11/13/2023 2:30:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Mon, 11/20/2023 2:30:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Mon, 11/6/2023 - Mon, 11/20/2023
Use your imagination to combine scrap parts to make pieces of art to take home, like a steel minion, an animal, or whatever you dream up.
In this three-week class, you'll begin with a safety briefing in our welding and sheet metal shop, then learn how to use all the tools you need to prepare and build your creations: cutters, grinders, vices, and spot welders.
If you've taken welding classes at BARN in the past, this is a chance to get more hands-on time with the equipment and refine your skills.
Get ready to make some sparks fly!
- Parent/guardian registering a child for the first time: When you register, select "Others Only" in the "Who Are You Registering?" section. On the next page, select "Add New Registrant." Create an account for your child.
- The next time you register your child, use "Search Registrants" to select them.
- If you did not enter your youth's emergency contact and Youth Waiver data when you created their account, complete and submit this minor permission form.
We are grateful to the city of Bainbridge Island for a cultural funding grant that enables us to reduce the costs of Youth Maker Monday classes for families.
- Participants must wear natural-fiber clothing, long pants, and closed-toe shoes (natural fiber or leather). No stretch fabrics. Tie back long hair.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides