Open Studio for Plasma, Sheet Metal & Welding
Access studio tools and equipment and work on your projects with a trained monitor on hand.
- Sat, 9/30/2023 10:00:00 AM - 12:30 PM
No instruction is given, but a trained monitor is on hand as you use studio tools and equipment, and check out what's going on, talk shop, and hang out. It's maker time for enthusiasts of varying skill levels and interests.
- Registration is required. No drop-ins, please.
- There are four spots available per open studio to maintain safety protocols. Click "Add to Wait List" if this open studio fills and you'll be notified via email if a spot becomes available.
- You will be able to work on your project for the first two hours. You'll clean up your work area during the last half hour.
You must be able to demonstrate competence in tools you want to use, or have completed:
- At least one welding, sheet metal, and/or plasma class, or
- Welding and Sheet Metal Orientation
- Wear natural-fiber clothing, long pants, and closed-toed shoes (natural fiber or leather). No stretch fabrics. Tie back long hair.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.