Jewelry & Fine Metals
Jewelry Open Studio
Work on class or personal projects in the fully equipped studio with a trained monitor on hand.
- Wed, 9/27/2023 2:00:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Open studio provides members and guests a collaborative environment to pursue self-directed work, whether it’s finishing projects from classes or work on independent projects.
Tools and basic shop supplies are available, and a safety monitor is always on duty. Open studio does not include instruction like a class.
- Free for members. Guests pay $20.
- Registration is required for all members and guests.
- There are five spots available for general studio use and three spots for using the lapidary equipment. You can specify which type when you register.
A skills card is required. A skills card identifies the tools and equipment you have been cleared to work on. You can acquire a skills card by attending one of these classes:
- Introduction to Jewelry: Skills Class
- Introduction to the Jeweler's Torch
- Introduction to Lapidary: Cutting and Carving Stones
- Introduction to Enameling: Opaques
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides
Karen has always loved to look at and collect jewelry, so when she took her first class in BARN's Jewelry Studio, she was hooked. She understands the importance of organization and working together to provide an atmosphere of safety, judicious use of resources, and enjoyment of the creative processes in crafting jewelry.