Jewelry & Fine Metals
Jewelry Open Studio
Work on class or personal projects in the fully equipped studio with a trained monitor on hand.
- Mon, 10/16/2023 5:00:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Open studio provides members and guests a collaborative environment to pursue self-directed work, whether it’s finishing projects from classes or work on independent projects.
Tools and basic shop supplies are available, and a safety monitor is always on duty. Open studio does not include instruction like a class.
Registration is required for all members and guests. Registration for Open Studio closes the night before at 11:59 p.m. (Sunday at 11:59 pm for Monday evening OS, Tuesday 11:59 pm for Wednesday afternoon OS.)
There are seven spots available for general studio use and three spots for using the lapidary equipment. You can specify which type when you register.
A skills card is required. A skills card identifies the tools and equipment you have been cleared to work on. You can acquire a skills card by attending one of these classes:
- Introduction to Jewelry: Skills Class
- Introduction to the Jeweler's Torch
- Introduction to Lapidary: Cutting and Carving Stones
- Introduction to Enameling: Opaques
Jewelers with previous experience can request a skills assessment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- If no registrants arrive for Open Studio by the end of the first hour, the monitor may close the studio. If you know that you will arrive more than an hour after the start time for OS, please email the registrar by 11:59 p.m. the day before.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides