Wood Open Studio
Work on projects of your own choosing in an informal setting with a safety monitor and woodworkers of varying skill levels.
- Thur, 12/21/2023 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM
This is a time to use the equipment in a collaborative atmosphere where tips are shared and hands are offered when needed. A trained monitor is always on duty.
Free for members. Guests pay a $20 drop-in fee.
- Basic tools and shop supplies, such as sandpaper, are provided by BARN.
- Bring your own wood, hardware, etc.
- You must have taken Orientation to the Woodshop.
- To use specific power tools, you must have taken the appropriate tool safety checkout classes:
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- Avoid loose clothing and wear closed-toe shoes.
- Protective eye wear that complies with ANSI Standard Z87 or the equivalent European Union Standard EN 166 is required at all times in the studio.
- Noisy equipment may warrant wearing hearing protection.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.