Jewelry & Fine Metals
Focused Open Studio - Enameling
- Thur, 10/5/2023 9:00:00 AM - 12:00 PM
This open studio provides an opportunity for BARN members and the jewelry community to pursue self-directed work in a collaborative environment - whether to finish class projects or work on independent projects.
This is not a class and no formal instruction will be given. A trained safety monitor is always on duty.
Some metals are available for purchase (please bring cash or check). Ask the studio monitor for assistance.
Due to the safety requirements for using dry enamel, enameling is not offered during regular open studio time.
- A $12 enamel consumables materials fee is included in your registration.
- To get the most out of this enameling open studio, it is recommended to prepare your metal in advance so you can focus on sifting techniques and kiln or torch use.
- Students must have completed Intro to Enameling: Opaques.
- A skills card is required for all open studio participants. A Jewelry Studio card is acquired by attending a BARN introductory jewelry class such as Introduction to Jewelry Skills, Introduction to the Jeweler's Torch, Introduction to Lapidary, Introduction to Enamel, or Introduction to Beading Skills. Jewelers with previous experience can request a skills assessment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ages 14 and up are welcome
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides