MIG Welding #2
This is the second class for those learning MIG (metal inert gas) welding, and builds upon what was learned in MIG #1.
- Wed, 10/25/2023 6:00:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Refine and practice what you learned in MIG #1.
This class will focus on how to perform different kinds of welds–butt, lap, “T,” corner, and edge. The goal is for you to feel comfortable operating the welding machine and knowing how the MIG welding process works in performing different welds. You will progress to welded pieces and/or a simple project at the discretion of the instructor.
Safety, welding theory, and materials will be reviewed.
- This class is limited to four students to provide one-on-one learning and direct mentoring.
- BARN will provide personal protection equipment.
- The higher price of this class is due to the difference in compensation to professionals with expertise above BARN's layperson welding instructors.
- Ages 14 and up are welcome.
- Wear long sleeves (natural fiber, no stretch fabric), long pants, and closed-toe shoes of cotton or leather.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides