Jewelry & Fine Metals
Introduction to Lost Wax Casting
Learn the basic skills of creating models starting with a wax piece and finishing with a metal piece.
- Sat, 10/28/2023 10:00:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sat, 11/4/2023 10:00:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Sat, 10/28/2023 - Sat, 11/4/2023
This introduction uses an assortment of waxes and materials. You'll learn general information and some of the history of different methods of lost wax casting — from creating a model to completing the metal casting. Some hands-on time is included to make a model, then you will sprue and invest your model.
Pieces are burned out in time for the second class, when metal is poured. Also covered are techniques for cleaning up and finishing metal casting.
- While different waxes are introduced, this is not a wax carving class.
- One 30-minute break is planned. If you want to bring food/ snacks, you can use the refrigerator and microwave on the lower level.
- Registration closes Oct. 23.
A $38 materials fee, included in the cost of the class, covers all materials needed.
- View BARN's current COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available. Fill out the application before registering.
- For those who might need physical assistance, learn more about BARN's Companion Program.
Instructors or Guides